Sunday, June 15, 2008

3rd Meeting


I could write a number of things about last nights meeting.

I could write how it was an incredible end to a day "from hell". A day filled with warfare and destruction the likes of which I have never seen before.
I could write of God's faithfulness in the middle of all it. When I was moving from one problem to another not knowing what to do, yet God was constantly whispering to me....."I am in control."
nothing catches Him off guard.
I could write how the sun came up on Saturday with an uncovering (as God always does) to give people an opportunity to repent. I really don't know how many took advantage or was broken by their own deception. Funny how stubborn and arrogant men become when confronted with the consequences of their own actions. But I know that God's heart is to restore.

Then in the afternoon, a present from God. I received a call from someone who has been trying to arrange a marriage ceremony for some time. They wanted to know if today was a good day for me to officiate their wedding. My first response was "No...it has been too hard today." But I chose not to say that but told them to come on and I would do the wedding. Little did I know that God was behind this.
The couple showed up with family following and we made our way into the chapel for the ceremony. It was tender and I could tell that it was truly something that the couple desired to do......be legal in the eyes of God. Upon completion and as the groom kissed his bride, God spoke to me again in the softest of whispers......"Even among all the hell and warfare.....amidst the plans of the enemy disrupting everything............I will still have my bride (church) and we will be united." How cool was that? A day that began with conflict ended with God in control and still on His throne. His plans were not thwarted or stopped, by no one or no other kingdom.
Last night's meeting was a time of word and power.
The ministry was to those who had problems with short term memory. I asked for those who wanted to be healed, to come forward and we would pray for them. (Just so you'll know...I have no power to heal or claim any such power).
We anointed each man with oil and began to pray over them. What happened next was...well you had to be there. Several of the men began to weep....not cry...weep. Holy Spirit was moving and these men began to repent and confess. It was happening all over the room as the ministry team moved around from person to person.

We left afterwards spiritually energized because of what had happened.
We have had three meetings: each one with a different feel and different personality. So I guess the key is to let God be God and get out of his way. I can do that.....

Happy Father's Day!
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...