Monday, June 30, 2008

Do You?

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart..........

II Corinthians 5:7
Walk by Faith and not by sight

How quick we are to talk about our trust and our faith. We may not do so in a bragging way, but it does find it's way into conversations among believers.

What is it we have had to trust God for?
Where has our walk taken us that we truly have to move by his direction and not by what our senses and feelings tell us?
Have we trusted God for our lives? Have we been in a situation where there are no answers to what we are facing, yet without God's intervention, we would not make it?

These are things that are stirring in me right now.
How easy I say I trust, when I haven't been tested to the point of falling completely on Him.
How easy I say I walk by faith when my own faith seems so shallow and empty.
I'm not asking God to put me in situations that require me to "fish or cut bait" so to speak. But I know that a time is coming when we all are going to find out whether what we truly believe is true or not.

I am not going to sit here and make bold statements about what I would or wouldn't do for God.
I talked with a young man who made the statement to me that "He wanted to die for Jesus because that would be so cool." I reminded him that living for Jesus was what He desired, not our death. Living for Jesus is so much harder than checking out to God. Really, like Peter in John 21, we are all approaching the age where we will be led around by the hand. We don't get to make the call of what we will or will not do. All we can say is, "Here am I, send me!"

There is so much in the air right now what with revival/renewal news, the oil situation, food shortages. I look to the amplified Bible for it's definition of trust; To cling to, rely on, adhere to, believe in......to us as believer's it means a rejection of the world and the way it does business and a total laying hold of God. Being found "in" Jesus, as a means of following His direction.

Trust....
Cling to....
Walk by faith....
Not just fancy words that give us hope.
Our hope is not found in words....
But rather in THE WORD.
The Christ Jesus.
As Larry Norman so aptly put it, "The world is in a mess, I wonder who began it. Don't ask me, my friend, I'm only visiting this planet.

God on you.......

mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

The Apostle Paul said he would rather go to be with Jesus but that it was more profitable for others that he stayed. I'm glad he didn't check - out early! His life taught us how to live by faith. People are watching us. How do we respond to trials?

Greene Street Letters said...

I fear that we are going to be scrutinized more in the near future because of events that may be headed our way. Give us grace that we may stand and bring glory to your name.
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...