Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hello? Anyone There?

Psalms 5:1
Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing.
Do you ever truly ask God to listen to you? Did you ask him for his attention when you pray? Not from a standpoint of "I'm special....I deserve your full attention" but from the place of being a child of His. I like how King David put this....."Consider my sighing." He wasn't talking about taking deep breaths, he was talking about a longing, a groaning that takes place deep within a person. A longing brought about by a need or situation they are facing where there aren't any answers. He says, "Hey God! Don't just listen to me......search my heart." This is, in fact, the very nature and way of God. He searches our hearts when we pray to find the motive behind what we are praying for.

Psalms 5:2
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
David truly understands the divine pecking order here. David, King....warrior....prophet....psalmist.......realizes that there is a King above him. One who has given to David all the authority and success that he possesses.

Psalms 5:3
In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; In the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
David begins his day in pray. The King of a nation that God has specifically chosen to be his own, rises from his bed each morning and spends time in prayer. Not only that, but after praying, David waits expectantly for God to answer his prayers. I don't think this means that David sat around until the answers came, but He did move through his day with a spirit of expectation that at any moment he would see the answers to what he had prayed.

I think the greatest disservice we do to God is go and meet with Him and not expect anything. To go and gather with other believer's and not expect Him to come into our midst. Not expect Him to work in us or touch us or speak to us. I expect God to come!
I try not to limit what He wants to do through unbelief or doubt. I simply want to worship Him.

That is what our Saturday night meeting at the Church@Rapha is all about. EXPECTATION!
We don't know what is going to happen in the service. We don't want to hold to our order of service too tight and not allow God a place to move.

I talked with the men yesterday about how great last Saturday night was. As great as it was, today was a new day with God. We learn that we have to lay Saturday down and move on. IT is so easy for us to get swept up in a moment where God manifests in our midst and we see Him move on people. Life goes on and we have to move with Him. We can't live on last Saturday night for a week. There are things that have happened this week to people that wasn't a part of the equation last Saturday, so we need to come together to meet with God this week.

Be desperate for God!
Be hungry for God!

God on you......

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...