Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Revival Hymn

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=2609149243719622443

Click on this link to a video where you will hear voices that burn with a passion for God.
Voices that by today's standard, seem antiquated and out of touch.
But then the message of the cross was never timely or well received was it?
The message of God does not bend it's knee to be culture current.
Culture will bend it's knee and proclaim the truth of who Jesus the Christ is, just as Peter did,"You are the Christ .....the Son of the Living God.

I confess to you today that the move of God I have been looking for was shallow.
I did not see the depth that God wanted to to take me into. Not a depth of feeling, but of dying. Dying is an ongoing process as we keep trying to resurrect our flesh. Revival kills the flesh and awakens the spirit.
I did not see the true strength of the fire that He wanted to bring. It wasn't to singe me.It was to refine and destroy the wood, hay and stubble that I have collected thinking I could build something of lasting value. Only the eternal God can do such.
I want to clearly get out of His way and let Him move on US!
Not for my flesh to be fed or for miracles to happen, no...just the truth of who I am as measured against who He is.
It isn't about ME, it's about Him. It's about His church, His bride.
Oh to say the words of David......"Better to be a door keeper in the house of the Lord than to live in the tents of the rich."
God help me!

Great Video....

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...