Thursday, June 12, 2008

Shallow

Luke 5:4
"Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch."

Saturday approaches. Another opportunity to be with God.
Another opportunity for corporate worship. To sing with one voice. To beat with one heart. To listen with one ear. But we cannot stand on the shore and accomplish these things. For standing on the shore is the safe place. You risk nothing by standing on the shore. You risk nothing by watching everyone else be touched by God. You can be standing in the middle of a room where God is moving and you not be affected by it because you refuse to open your heart and say, "YES! Come and take me Lord....I choose to follow you."

I think God is saying,"Measure yourself and your relationship with me.......now let me show you how much you lack because you are content to stand on the shore."
I'm tired of playing safe with God. I'm tired of skirting speaking His Word in ways that only seem to want to ease people into salvation. I'm not talking of beating anyone into submission or trying to scare anyone into repentance. I'm talking about just letting the Spirit of God settle over people and show the truth. Wow! What a concept. Me getting out of the way.

Jesus commanded his disciples to leave the safe waters and go out to where they had not fished. It is in the uncharted places and locations that Jesus leads us to that we will find the greatest blessings........because of our obedience.

So the word I'm hearing for this week's meeting is 'LAUNCH OUT INTO THE DEEP."

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...