Thursday, June 19, 2008

Since I Laid My Burdens Down

1970's saw some pretty amazing people raised up in ministry.
Jesus People U.S.A. out of Chicago.
led by Glenn Kaiser, they moved into old downtown buildings. Bought them legally and began renovation. Created work teams and sent them through out the city working and helping for free.

Pretty soon people started showing up to help and become a part of Jesus People. They all lived in this huge building right there in Chicago.

Guess what?
The work continues today.
Glenn and Wendy Kaiser have gotten older, but the fire burns just as bright.

That is why I love this song....
The man singing it understands the true nature of laying down your burdens.

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...