Monday, June 9, 2008

Step By Step

Ecclesiastes 3:1
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.

Writing in my journal on Sunday, God showed me something that was encouraging.
I was jotting down the events of Saturday night; who received prayer, what ministry took place and other such things. All of a sudden the Saturday's date came to my mind---June 7, 2008.
Then I saw it written in my mind, a kind of picture......I saw ......6----7-----8. Numerical sequence of numbers. It wasn't the sequence that got me excited as much as the consecutive numbers which reveals steps.

God (I believe) was trying to show me that he was indeed working a process in all of our lives that were coming to the meeting. We all were being moved forward one step at a time. Spiritual progress not perfection, that is cry of recovery. One day at a time.

I saw the number 6.
The number for man 0r mankind. The creation part that is being restored in all of this work that God is doing. It is about the total restoration of all of creation but indeed, mankind is at the center of the work because God has chosen to redeem, reconcile and recover, that which was lost.

I saw the number 7.
The number for perfection or completeness. God had taken man (6) and through the work of Christ on the cross and his resurrection, and our salvation,we are being made into the restored image of our elder brother Jesus.

I saw the number 8.
The number for new beginnings. That is where a lot of men are coming into after their salvation experience.....a new beginning. New creation with new behaviors and new attitudes. God is indeed at work.

So in week #2 of our meeting, we are set on a spiritual journey. One that will bring completeness to our empty lives. One that will give meaning to the insane lives we have lived in the past.

What an adventure.
What are you waiting for?

God on you.....

mb

3 comments:

A.J. said...

Hey Mike, just a heads up...I have been talking with the people from TBN again. They are contacting me about doing the story on my testimony. They have asked me a lot of questions about Rapha, and are probably going to be starting the work on my story soon. I just wanted you to know so that you might help keep me covered.

Thank you!

A.J. said...

Hey Mike, just a heads up...I have been talking with the people from TBN again. They are contacting me about doing the story on my testimony. They have asked me a lot of questions about Rapha, and are probably going to be starting the work on my story soon. I just wanted you to know so that you might help keep me covered.

Thank you!

Greene Street Letters said...

Thanks for the info....way cool that you are getting to tell your story IN A BIG WAY!!!!!
Vicki and I are praying for you...
Mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...