Monday, June 2, 2008

Time to Move On

Exodus 40:36
In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the Tabernacle, they would set out.

This was an important lesson I learned years ago when I was pastor of the Saturday evening service at Gadsden Vineyard Church. Sometimes the meetings we held were so powerful in what God was doing, that we would live off of that night for 3 or 4 days. We continue to talk about it. Go back over it almost like a blow by blow description. What I found out that after 3 or 4 days of living on a Saturday night meeting, you'd wake up and it would be Wednesday or Thursday and God would have moved on. You spent the rest of the week playing catch up.

I truly believe God wants us to enjoy the moments where there is great intimacy between Him and His people. But.....................He wants us to realize that this journey is an every day-get-up-what-do-you-want-me-to-do-today journey. We do not have the luxury of living in the past, even with God. He calls us to remember the past. Remember His goodness, but live in the day. Live in the present here and now and not the sweet-sweet-memory of the past.

Get up and move when you see Him moving!

God on you........
See you Saturday night!

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...