Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Uncovering

It has been a week of uncovering for me.
God showing me attitudes and sin that I needed to surrender.
Funny how you think (sometimes the mind set of believer's) that you are sin free and words such as forgiveness and repentance are only for the unsaved, not for the believer. After all our heavenly ticket has been punched and we merely are awaiting departure. We forget that as the apostle Paul stated, "we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling."

We run around under grace like children under a yard sprinkler. What we don't realize is that you can get dirty as you run around the sprinkler, especially when you get out from under the water. When we move out from under God's grace, we are on the path of sin. Yes, you can fall from grace.

Galatians 5:4
You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law. You have fallen from grace.

Grace is God's empowering presence in me that enables me to be who I have been called to be and do what I have been called to do. When I choose any other way, I forfeit the grace of God. Upon realization that I have done such, through confession and repentance, I am restored to the grace that enables me to walk in manner worthy of my calling.

I think that is what this week is all about. Uncovering and opportunity. One of the prayers that I am constantly praying for myself and everyone at Rapha is...."Lord...don't let us get away with anything."
Uncovering of sin and opportunity to repent and change. I am in need of the Holy Spirit to convict and uncover, but more than that, I am in need of the Holy Spirit leading me into all truth.
What falls under "ALL" truth? Every truth that is from God.
The greatest truth that the Holy Spirit reveals is who I am in the light of who God is. This uncovering not just of my deeds and behaviors, but of the motive that is in my heart that produced the deeds and behaviors. There is where real repentence can take place. No a shallow, hollow confession of "I'm sorry for what I've done." No! It repentence for who we are.
Come and undo all of us!

Pray for us!
Saturday night 7 p.m. CHURCH@RAPHA meets.

God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...