Saturday, June 14, 2008

What Seeds Are You Planting?

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived; God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sow. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction. The one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Here again is one of those verses that we read and all agree on. We see evidence of it in other people's lives. We see the destruction in their lives that comes from not being honest. Yet.....we don't really stop to look within ourselves and ask God, "Is there anything in me that might produce a harvest of destruction?" I don't ever won't to assume anything when it comes to my relationship with God. I don't want to move from relationship to religion. That I begin to simply have a form of godliness and in the process denying the power that comes with relationship. What power? The power of the Holy Spirit to convict me of my sins. The one thing that religion does is numbs you to the voice of the Holy Spirit. We have hidden sin and will do anything to hold on to it, or we have bought into the lie that our sin is so horrible and so powerful that we will never escape from its hold over our hearts and lives. We become so miserable and desperate that rather than confess and repent and look to God to deliver and break the hold, we simply try to act more religious. Read our Bible's more. Pray more. Sing louder during worship. Give more money. Rather than falling to our knees crying out to God, "Save me and deliver me!"

As I write this, I want you to understand that this is directed toward me first.
GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED!
You don't put anything over on him.
You are not a play-ah in the kingdom.
He will uncover you.
He will expose your sin.
Then you will either confess and repent or turn and your heart grow harder.
God help us all!

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...