Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gathered For A Purpose


Sometimes when describing what God is currently doing among a community of believer's, we tend to embellish or exaggerate. This is not what I desire to do, but simply relate the happenings as best I can.
We are seeing an increase in passion for Jesus. We are seeing men with the beginning hunger pangs for the Word of God. They are beginning to study and not just read the Word.
We are seeing men in the infant stages of learning how to worship. Men who are becoming free in their expression of love to God. My wife, Vicki, brought up a point that I had not thought of. Each week our prayer, as leadership of the meeting, is that God would bring a release of freedom to our group so that real worship could take place. Vicki said, "We need to realize that for some of these men, real worship and free worship is simply singing out loud for the first time in their lives." That struck me as something I have overlooked. Thank you God!
Praise Report!
The CHURCH@ RAPHA is not the proud owner of a 16-channel Mackie Sound Board. Since we began meeting back on April 28, 2006, we have been praying and moving toward equipping the chapel with the things needed to help our worship team. We are grateful that God has provided the means necessary to capture the sound of our worship and our teaching and that we have the capability to send out Cd's to anyone who desires to have one. God has been faithful and we have come a long way since the beginning when I would have to borrow sound equipment from Gadsden Vineyard Church.
This Saturday night, Seth Barber will be our speaker. If you haven't heard Seth, come and join us as he is a recovering addict with 5+ years clean time. Seth heads up GRACE Meeting every Thursday night at Gadsden Vineyard Church. His meeting starts at 7 p.m.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

God is truly granting his people repentance! I believe a hunger for the Word of God is the sign of a move of God!.

Bless You m.b.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...