Monday, July 28, 2008

Say It Loud

Mt. 11:28-30 (Msg.)
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me---watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.

What if we truly lived according to Scripture?
I mean lived it for ourselves.
We didn't seek anyone else to tell us what Scripture said?
We didn't discard the Bible in favor of the latest, hot book on the Christian market.
What if we took Jesus at his word and came to Him.
Came to him burned out and beat up in need of healing.

I'm not talking about a fuzzy feel good healing.
I'm talking about a radical, God-transforming touch that reached from the soles of our feet to the crown of our heads. Changed by the Holy Spirit.
I can think of a million reasons why it shouldn't happen.
But I can't give you one why it couldn't.
My lack of trust? Maybe.
My lack of faith? Probably.
But that is no obstacle to God.
When?
When will I turn loose and fall into the hands of the living God?
IF I fall.......................
Will it be fearful to do so?
In those hands is the only place I can survive.

I do not want my walk with God to be shallow and empty.
A cardboard cut out of the real thing.
I realize that even as I write these things, I am assailed by the enemy trying to show me my past.
The blessing that comes is that my past has been put under the blood of Christ.
Forgiven
Forgotten
Free.

Seems as though I walk a tight rope between reaching God's glory and falling into my past.
Balanced there between the two, I surrender to God.
Life is a daily battle, but we win.
Those who overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony.
Do you see that?
Those who overcome.
It doesn't talk about success.
It didn't mention being the best or number 1.
It simply says, 'Those who overcome".

God on you..............

mb

1 comment:

A.J. said...

Hey Mike,

Miss you guys. Wanted to be there the last couple of weeks but just havent been able to get there. I am praying for you however! Hey man, I posted a new video on my blog of people getting dunked by Todd Bentley...I think you might really enjoy it =)

It is a really good video!

Love you man,

A.J.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...