Friday, August 15, 2008

A Mighty Fortress

Sometime I grow weary of the struggle.
Weighed down by those things God never intended me to carry.
I have to realize that it is His Kingdom and I am but a servant in it. The Kingdom does not rise or fall on my wishes or efforts, but on my obedience to Christ my King.
He called me.
He invited me into His Kingdom.
He put me in place to carry out my portion of this massive work.
All He did was say, "Come!"
His Holy Spirit teaches, leads and provides that which is needed for each day.

His plan is not deterred by King or ruler.
President or dictator.

Psalm 2
Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together agains the Lord and against His Anointed, saying, "let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast away Their cords from us."
He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;

Father;
Thank you that you are THE mighty fortress.
The world has lauched it weapons and ideaologies against you and they crash and crumble against the truth of who you are.

Today, I look to you.
You alone are the source of strenght and direction I need to simply walk out this day.
Grant my peace.
Grant me vision and hearing to hear you and obey.
Cover my family and friends with your grace and mercy.
In Jesus name....
amen

mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

My favorite hymn. Martin Luther is the man! Even though he did have a few problems.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...