Monday, August 11, 2008

RED LETTERS.....

Matthew 3:15

And Jesus answered said unto him, "Suffer it to be so now; for thus it becomes us to fulfill all righteousness."

Jesus walked out all that the Father commanded Him to.
Here we see his encounter with John the Baptist and John's hesistation to baptize Him.
Jesus lets John know that this is part of God's bigger purpose and plan. That what is happening goes farther and deeper than a simple baptism.

Jesus, through the baptism identifies himself with sinful men and women.
"I am one of you."
"But I am not like you."
Jesus' life will be the ransom to free you from the power of death and sin.

The comfort I take in the verse from Matthew is that Jesus was making sure that he did not let anything be undone that the Father wanted accomplished. He was in compliance and surrender to the Father's will.
That is where I want to be.
That is the place where we all are called to walk.
No excuses about sin or our human condition.
God called.
He empowers.
He provides.
We are to walk it out.
Perfection?
I'll let Him define that.
He knows about the human condition. The thoughts and attitudes and behaviors that we hide behind. He is willing to break through all of that and still fill us with His Holy Spirit for His Kingdom work.
Thank you Lord.....

mb

2 comments:

Lane said...

What an interesting consideration...He always did what the Father desired -- even when it was scrutinized and questioned. No matter the cost...

Greene Street Letters said...

I think it has to do with rejecting the praise of man for the obedience to the Father.
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...