Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Water~Water~Everywhere!

This was the sight I saw when I got to Rapha Tuesday morning. The pond had overflowed and was across the road. The funny part was that the overflow went across the road and into another creek on the other side. We had fish swimming from the pond to the creek and from the creek to the pond. You could actually stand where the road was and see them.....or catch them if you so desired.
Here is Big Wills creek out back of dorm #2. Usually the bank down to the creek is about 10 to 12 feet. But here you see the creek is at bank level. Water was moving rapidly and there was a ton of debris going by. Not very conducive to swimming. Beulah knows you'd end up at the South pole if you tried to swim it.
This is the one that caught me by surprise. This is where we do our baptisms. If you follow the bank to the right of the tree in the picture, we have carved out some steps down to the creek. Here again it is about 15 feet down to where we get in the creek for our baptisms. The water is at bank level. When I took these photo's, the creek had not crested yet so I think it may go even higher.

Just another day in paradise!..

mb

1 comment:

Lane said...

WOW!! And the flood waters rose...

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...