Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Burning Love

Isaiah 6:6-7
Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal he had taken from the altar with a a pair of tongs. He touched my lips with it and said, "See, this coal has touched your lips. Now your guilt is removed, and your sins are forgiven."

During a conversation the the other day, I was asked why my blog was so depressing. Depressing? I never thought of it that way. The person I was talking to said that I never seemed to have any joy in my life and that I focused on my lack of strength in what seemed like doing the simplest of things.

I do not want to give the impression that I walk around in sack cloth and ashes with a little dark cloud over my head. But neither do I want to dwell in the nether regions in the land of "Happy-happy-Joy-joy." By that, I mean where I never am aware of my frailty as a human and as a believer. As Paul wrote, "If I boast of anything, I boast of my weakness for in my weakness His strength is made perfect."

There is a line from the hymn COME THOU FOUNT OF EVERY BLESSING that breaks me down every time I hear it. love. "Prone to wander, Lord I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart O' take and seal it. Seal it for thy courts above." For me, it is a knowing deep in my spirit that this is the nature that Jesus came to die for. That sin nature that has the power (if I give in to it rather than surrender to God) to draw me away from God. I'm sorry....if that doesn't break you or if you are not in touch with that part of your life, you may be out of touch. I don't walk around bemoaning the fact that life is hard or that I am a suffering servant for the Lord. I do have joy and peace. I do rest in the fact that the more I am uncovered and God reveals my heart, the more I can draw closer to Him through my repentance and confession.

Praise God! We are set free by the Son.
And I embrace my freedom to be who He created me to be and do what He has called me to do.
I bless the path that God has called you to walk today.
That you may find peace and grace to do so (walk it out).
More than anything, I pray that you see His face everywhere you turn and hear His voice every time the wind passes you today.

God on you....

mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

We never need to forget our potential for evil... but at the same time let our focus be on the Cross ... Jesus paid it all! Paul understood that he was the chief of sinners... but he also had joy unspeakable!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...