Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Great Is Thy Faithfulness












Lamentations 3:22-24

Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion,"says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him."


This is one of my most favorite picture that I have ever taken. It was early one fall morning last year, a little before 5 a.m. The star you see in the picture was extremely bright and was the only thing in the early morning sky. It was a reminder to me of the verses from Lamentations.


Each day has troubles of its own, but God's compassion's and mercies have already been made available to those who cry out for them. I don't mind telling you that I use my daily amount of mercy and compassion.

The LORD is our portion (Vicki and me).
We have staked 36 years on this rock solid fact.
Seeking His Kingdom and righteousness, we have seen God add to us the blessings He has for us. Not all blessing take the form of material things. I want my vision to see beyond the material. I want to see the hand of God moving and touching the corner of this world he has called me to. I want to see God in the smallest of things. I think here, in the small things, is where you can find the compassions and mercies of God.

I find them in telephone calls from people that you haven't heard from in years. They just had you on their mind and wanted to call and let you know they were still clean and sober and chasing God.

I find them in verses that seem to leap off the page of the Bible. You may have read that particular verse dozens of times, yet you find new meaning in it for today. It becomes a part of you that you take around with you for the day. It changes the way you think and feel about God. What a present.

He is such a wonderful LORD!

mb


2 comments:

Bobby said...

I'm thankful for God's mercy. Seeing God in the small things is the best way to live. It keeps us sane!

Lane said...

Great word Michael...I need grace and mercy 'just for today'.

Lane

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...