Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rain On Dry Ground

I got the opportunity to go and speak at a Celebrate Recovery over the week end. Seems that for now, I have grace to accept these invitations. As I was preparing and studying, I felt God say, "Get ready for rain." The best I could come up with was that he was going to do something at the meeting I was going to.

When I arrived I shared what I had heard with the leadership and asked if it was o.k. for me to minister in a way that they might not be used to. They gave me the authority and I knew that everything was in place.

Sure enough after I finished speaking we moved into clinic time (John Wimber's word for ministry). I invited everyone who wanted prayer to come to the front. There were 35-40 people who came up. I began praying over each of them and as I moved among them, you could see the Holy Spirit coming on them. Now these were people who had never experienced or been a part of something like this. Some began to cry, some began to shake, some began to sway almost to the point of falling down. There was much healing taking place as I got to pray for several who had specific physical needs. At one point I told the group that God's heart was to restore them and put them in right standing with himself. Some began to confess sins and ask for forgiveness and to be saved. I never tire of seeing God work. All I had to do was get out of the way and watch as he touched hearts.

Afterwards, I stayed around to pray with anyone who needed it. Several came to speak with me. These were people who really wanted to believe but had been damaged so much through life and bad choices that they just couldn't come down. It was a kind of "I believe" but help me in my unbelief. God was just as powerful and loving to these who came last as he was to the group who came during the meeting.

It's about Him.
Not me.
But he let me participate in a wonderful evening and for that I am grateful.
I was later told by someone who was there, that during their small group meetings, the topic of conversation was what they had experienced from God coming and touching them.
I pray that this will stick and cause them to become passionate to chase after God.

mb

2 comments:

Lane said...

Only He can heal our broken hearts...as we talked yesterday, it is either 'me' or 'God'.

Lane

Greene Street Letters said...

I have been in prayer for you since you called.
1.) Peace
2.)Remembrance of where you have come from
3.)Gratitude for this day
4.) for your family that peace would rule your heart and your home.
Keep on..
Don't quit...
I am with you in this...
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...