Thursday, September 11, 2008

There Is A Fire pt.2

Fire.
Symbol for emotion.
Passion.
Zeal.
Something that burns within. A desire for a cause or a purpose.
Jesus burned with passion.
He left the 99 sheep to go find the one.

Jesus was passionate for His father.
He made a whip of chords and drove out those He called "thieves and robbers" from the temple.
He said, "This is a house of prayer but you have turned it into a den of thieves." Jesus physically removed the people from the temple, driven by the passion that burned in Him to carry out His Father's directives.

Jesus was passionate for the children.
He rebuked His disciples for keeping the children away from Him.
"Suffer these little ones to come unto me."

Jesus was passionate for the cross.
After setting His mind and spirit on Calvary, He proclaimed, "Not my will but your o' Lord."
He walked it out.
Every step, and at the appropriate time proclaimed, "IT IS FINISHED!"

I see a passionless people today.
I do not burn the way God intended me to.
I see a people who are satisfied.
"Don't upset my world."
"Let me just worship and go away in a positive mindset."
We will never usher in the Kingdom of God this way.
Passionless.
Lacking zeal for the simplest of things that God has called us to.

We are in need of fire!
We are in need of being shaken from the subtle slumber that rocks us to sleep in the pews.
Powerless words from a powerless pulpit being spoken to passionless hearts.
Oh God! Awaken us! Drive us out if you have to into a world that is dying more and more each day.
How Long Lord! Start with me. I fear that I too am to comfortable and satisfied with my lot in life.

Send Revival.
Flood our land.
Upset our politics and government.
Uncover and expose the graft and corruption of our society.
Return every effort to worship you that is not from the heart but from the flesh.
O'God.....Raise up Your church, and may we see the futility of our efforts to build using your name. May our works be exposed for the hay, wood and stubble that they are.
Let mercy be poured out on us.
Draw us to Your bleeding side and once again let us understand the power that Your blood has.

In the Name of Jesus...
Amen

mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

It's time to return to our first love again...that must be our prayer...passion for Jesus.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...