Monday, September 8, 2008

What Do You Think?


Two words....
But when they come from the heart.....
When they come from the broken place...
When they are whispered, not in fear that someone might hear you, but in fear of who you are talking to....they are powerful.
What two words?
"THANK YOU"
Thank you for all the innumerable things that God has done for us.
Thank you for the very essence of life itself. Life and quality of life isn't measured by the absence of pain or the abundance of money. Life and its quality is measured by the love you give and the love you receive. Love from the Father poured out (Not wasted) on me. This in turn causes me to love in a like manner. I'm not there yet, but I am pointed in the right direction.
Over the past 4 weeks God has put Vicki and I in a place that we haven't been in a long time. One of loving and opening up our home. It has been wonderful to make our home available to people. We have needed this for some time and it has impacted the two of us in a tremendous way.
Thank you, Lord.

Sometimes the greatest lessons and examples of God's love is found in the very things we are uncomfortable doing. Love that puts us in a place of not being comfortable. We've never done this before or this isn't the way we would do it.
Thank you, Lord.
Practice using those 2 words today......Thank you.
You might be surprised when you talk with God.
mb

2 comments:

Lane said...

Michael,
You guys 'walk it out' in an authentic manner ... I so often 'talk about the walk', but you are a true inspiration. I need you in my life...
Lane

Greene Street Letters said...

Lane...
Isn't it funny how God keeps us from seeing ourselves in a true light. I think he knows that if I caught even a glimpse of what I look like to him, somehow my flesh would find a way to turn it into a self-gratifying, "look at me" moment.
I am blessed beyond measure to simply have a group of guys that I know and love (and you're one of them) to journey with.
It's kind of like when another pastor came to see John Wimber one day to ask him if he was going to the "Take your city for Jesus" Rally. John's reply? "I'm still trying to take me for Jesus."

mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...