Thursday, September 4, 2008

What More Do I Need?

II Peter 2:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of hm who called us by his own glory and goodness.

This is one of those verses that is easy to read.
This is also one of those verses that we find hard to believe.
Why?
Because we do not trust God completely that he has truly given us everything needed for life.
We look at our circumstances and situations and the mess we have so easily created and say, "This isn't what I had in mind when I think of life!"
Truth is, God changes us through the work of the Holy Spirit. Get it? Changes us. Our situations and circumstances are affected because we come at them from a new point of view. Rather than trying to deal with them in our own strength and will, we now have the Holy Spirit, a.k.a.  His divine power, to guide us.

So today, rest and contemplate the knowledge that you have indeed been given everything needed to live here on this fallen planet. That nothing is as more powerful, more compassionate and more loving than God.

God on you........
mb

1 comment:

RODRIGUEZ said...

I don't think this blog is depressing at all. I especially liked Ps. 107 and Shallow Earth because you brought out things I had not seen. This one was especially encouraging! KDR

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...