Tuesday, September 30, 2008

You Are MEL

I don't remember many of my dreams. Let's be blunt here. I don't remember any of my dreams, so with this being the case, if I do remember something from a dream, it is important. I do not try to read into dreams what "I think" is being said. I trust God that if there is something coming from a dream that is from Him, He will reveal it.

Last night I had the most unusual dream I have ever had. It was a dream of a voice. No pictures, no visions, no images. Just a voice. It was very clear in what was said.

"I am the King........you are MEL."
The voice was addressing me.
The voice referred to himself as the KING (Please, no Elvis puns).
And decreed that I was MEL.
Problem was that I knew that He was not talking to just to me, but to the body of Christ at large.
I didn't see this in the dream, but I knew and was aware that I was surrounded by others and that we were dressed in chain mail armour with white tunics which bore a red cross. It was like what you see of the armies who went off to the Crusades. Like I said, I did not see this, I just knew it. Once again the voice spoke.
"I am the King.........you are MEL."

When I woke up, the phrase was still with me. "I am the King.......you are MEL."
I had no clue as to who or what MEL was. Mel Gibson? No, that's not right.
I went to my computer and did a word search for the name MEL.
It came up as Manufacturing Engineering Laboratory.
Here was the kicker. M.E.L. is defined or described as "An agent of change in a rapid paced world, setting the standards of measurement." Why would you need change in a world that is changing? What is an agent?
An agent is something that is introduced to bring about a predetermined effect.

I think we are being told that we, believer's / body of Christ, have been commissioned to do this. We are to be agents of change. We do not have the luxury of sitting by but are being introduced into the world to create a desired effect.
This is more than winning souls.
This is about making disciples.
Society has gone over the edge of moral decay.
There are those who work to change the laws in order to affect society in a political or economic way.
We have been called to take seriously Jesus' command to make disciples, not just win souls.
when you make disciples, you change the standard of measurement in that life as well as the environment around that person as the Holy Spirit is introduced.

In the Old testament, The Levites camped around the Tabernacle to protect the people from God.
We are called to camp at the gates of Hell to keep hell from destroying the people. If MEL sets the standards of measurement for the World and we have been designated as MEL then it makes sense when we read, "When the enemy comes in.............like a flood the Lord will raise up a standard."
Christ in us is the standard that is set before the world.
The world is without excuse if we will be who Christ calls us to be.

Be Salt.
Be Light.
Be the fragrance of Jesus in world that carries with it the stench of death.

God on you......

mb

4 comments:

Lane said...

Wow...making disciples...this is interesting because I was about to post, briefly, on this subject. A disciple in an adherent who accepts the instruction given and makes it a rule of conduct or rule of life. We are too easily satisfied with 'partial' obedience. Thank you for this powerful reminder.

Lane

A.J. said...

I could not agree more. God is really speaking to me right now about how we have compromised the Gospel in order to have "seeker friendly" services. I look at the life of Jesus and don't really see him as being "seeker friendly". Take up your cross and follow me is an invitation to die. I know I am kicking and screaming as I am following... but I honestly desire to see the message of true repentance being preached. I believe it is only when we quit trying to please people's sinful nature to get them into church and actually start preaching the truth of the Gospel that there will ever be true repentance again. May I also be able to find the grace for true repentance in my own life.

Great post Mike!

RODRIGUEZ said...

What a dream!
On our blog there is a link to Frank Viola's blog. Today he posted an article that made me think of you, though I couldn't tell you why. Just in case you want to check it out...
Also, thanks for not having me type letters I have a hard time seeing to leave a comment!
KDR

Bobby said...

That was a God dream! I receive the message.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...