Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Richie Furay - Man of Many Sorrows

Richie Furay, guitar player and singer/songwriter of Bufflo Springfield, Poco and many other bands, now a pastor in Denver.

This song, to me, portrays a view of Jesus that you want find in many churches. A man of sorrows acquainted with grief.

We don't talk much about joining in to the fellowship of his suffereing. Not very popular. We don't hear much about how he learned obedience through his suffering.

He was a man of many sorrows.
I would like to say enjoy the song, but I don't think we are suppose to.
I think the song is to wake us up to a truth that has been hidden for many years.

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...