Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lambs and Wolves

Two quotes came to me this week during my readings.
First one:
"Persecution is not the enemy of Christianity. The danger is not persecution from the outside, but seduction from the inside."

Second one:
"Christianity is not in danger of being destroyed. It is in danger of being changed."

Why such thoughts?
Because man has sought to wrestle the church from the hands of Christ and make it, change it, create it in his own image.
We are no better than those who stood at the foot of the tower of Bable and proclaimed, "Let us make a name for ourselves."
We seek to lift what ever church, whatever denomination over the name of Christ. In doing so we have grown fat and sleek and lazy. We sit week after week having our ears tickled, accepting only the things that make us "feel" good about ourselves. When was the last time you were challenged by a sermon you heard? When was the last time you left a service in tears about your condition and relationship with Jesus?

Am I saying that every gathering operates from this "elevation of group" over Jesus? No! But I am saying that it increasingly becoming the norm. Ask yourself a simple question."Why do I go to church?" If not to be challenged in your relationship through the teaching of the Word of God, then you may be missing the point. I hear some say they go to be fed. Flash....you don't get fed at church.
John 4:34
Jesus said to them, "My food is to DO the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work."
As John Wimber aptly stated, "You go to church to read the menu. Then you leave and go out to feast through doing what the menu stated. The meat is in the street, the bread is in the red (words of Christ).

Wake up o'sleeper.
Arise for the hour is now.
To get up from your bed of sickness and be made whole and well through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Walk in a manner worthy of the calling that we have received.

God on you.....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...