Friday, November 14, 2008

Let Us Mesh The Two Together!!

II Kings 17:33-34A
And though they worshiped the Lord, they continued to follow the religious customs of the nations from which they came. And this is still going on among them today.

As a nation we have either discarded the concept of God or have melded it with other "new" belief's in order to make God relevant. Update God, so to speak, for the new generation.
When was God ever not relevant.
Maybe we are the ones who aren't relevant.
I don't think God is walking around heaven wringing his hands saying,"What am I going to do? I have to reinvent myself in order to reach people."
What an absurd idea, yet this very thing is going on all around our nation today.
Reinventing God.
Re-imagining His purpose.
Bringing God into the 21st century.
We make God in our image.

I Peter 2:9 says that we are God's own possession.
Bought for by Him.
Paid for by Jesus, the Son.
Renewed and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
We are called to follow where Jesus has already been.
He spoke out and said that He only did what He saw the Father doing.
Our behavior should be no different.
We create not from our imagination or what we conceive from our own minds, in our own strength, but wait from instruction from on high.
We value our own ability to do for God rather than hear from God.

Draw near to Him and He will draw near to us.
Today!

God on you......

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...