Thursday, December 11, 2008

John 14:1-3
"Let not your heart be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places. If it were not so, I would have told you. For I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself, that where I am, you may also be."

Don't let your heart become entangled in the daily struggle here on this planet. Yes, we have to live here. Yes, we have to conduct business here but we no longer follow the dictates or demands of this world. We answer to a higher calling. We are a people, a possession of the eternal God.

No matter what happens to me. No matter what happens to my family, God is in control and my job is simply to rest in Him. Listen for Him. Chase Him. Follow Him. Do what He commands me to do. Rejecting my own selfish interest for a hope and faith that moves me toward Christ.

Don't let your heart be trapped by the news coming from every television and radio. Don't be taken prisoner by the articles on the Internet that would lead you into emotional and mental bondage. Lift your thoughts higher to the throne room of God. Let your eyes gaze on the wonders of Christ and the promises that have been spoken over you through the Word of God.

Merry Christmas!

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...