Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Prayer Request

He drove up in front of my office about 8:45 p.m.
Got out and came in.
His daughter was going to give birth to their first grand baby tomorrow, a boy.
But His sister had been rushed to Huntsville Hospital because of bleeding at the base of her brain.
He had no answers to everything that was going on, but he knew that prayer was the key.
He wanted me to pray. As I prepared to pray for his sister, the slightest thought ran through my head......."Take him into dorm 3 and get those guys to pray for his sister."
"Was that really you, God," I asked.

We went to dorm 3.
I explained what was going on to the guys and they all got up from their beds and came over to pray. The gathered around this man and placed their hands on him and words began to form in a chorus of voices. Each one praying to God for healing. Healing to this sister that this man so dearly loves. Tears....tears in the room and God's presence. Afterwards, they each hugged him and gave him a promise that the prayers would continue.

The man left in peace and ready to drive to Huntsville to be with his sister.
I had just witnessed the Kingdom of God at work and it was done so by men that no one else would have picked except for God. He's like that isn't he?
I love this place.
I love these men.

Thanks God!

mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I'm glad God's not like us.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...