Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thoughts From A Saturday

With the sounds of Keith Greene playing in my office, I sit here on a cloudy Saturday.
Much in the air concerning the lives of people I know.
There is much fear and many who are unsure.
Funny how fear takes away your faith and your trust.
Robs you of that stable place we all need to stand in when everything around us is crumbling.
It is in these times we lay hold of Jesus and do not let go.
The outcome doesn't matter, only that we trust and rest in Him.
We all have ideas about how we want our problems and troubles to be solved or turn out, but that isn't our call. We pray. We trust. We listen and we move on what we hear.

I hurt for others today.
I am very much aware of my own frailties and limitations.
I have no power or resources to make everything better.
I have a belief and a faith that says it doesn't matter what today looks like, God is in control and I will place myself squarely in his hands.
He is God over everything I own.
He is God over everything I am currently going through.
It is the realization of these statements that draw me to Him.
Either this belief is real or it is a lie. There is no middle ground. No grey.

Proverbs 3:25-26
Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked. For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.

Let us join together, heart to heart, to seek out his face.
To ask for mercy and great grace to be sent to us like the spring rain.
Let us return to God with all our heart. Not in some half-hearted attempt to get him to solve a problem, but because we recognize that he is the only source of life we have. Everything else is dust and temporary.
Let our voices fill the heavens as we worship with our lips.
As we worship with our lives.
As we worship with our finances.
As we worship by shaking off the fear that fills our country like a plague.
O' God, forgive us of our sins against you.
Let Your name be declared over this town that people who don't know you will be awakened like dead men and women to the truth that saves.

God on you...........

mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts ... I'm always encouraged by them. I miss Keith to.

Heather Bynum said...

Thanks for this! What a great start to the day. I am grateful for you and all that you are to me and our family.

God Bless,

HB

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...