Monday, February 16, 2009

God Judges The Heart

Saturday night.
Message was over and the ministry time had begun.
Prayers were being prayed and God's Holy Spirit was moving over the room.
Invitation was given.
He stood up.
He had been through the program more than once.
He had been with us numerous times.
He had heard this teaching before.
He had even stood before.
The minute my eyes caught his movement and I saw him stand, I thought to myself, "Why are you standing up? You have done this on several other occasions and your life still holds to the love of the world."
God spoke quick and harsh with those thoughts still lingering in my mind.
"Who are you to judge what I am doing?"
It's not my place or authority to say what is going on in the life of someone who has answered a call to be saved.
It is my place to respond and to see this person grow.
To aid them in any manner as one would feed a new born baby.
To correct and help grow so that they can stand on their own in this relationship with God.
Yes, I am to watch their life and look for the change that happens to all who come to God on faith, but my legalistic mind had condemned this one even as he was rising from his seat.
How sick was that?
God spoke and I had to repent.
I did.
I learned a lesson Saturday night.
One that I will never forget.

God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...