Thursday, February 5, 2009

Steady And Sure


Years ago I heard a message on the ebb and flow of following God. Sometimes I think those of us who are saved try really hard to complicate the obvious. We use cliches like candy to hide our own lack of trust or understanding.

The person teaching the lesson made the statement that there was a place of grace to meet God and that there was a pace to grace as we walked with Him. I have never forgotten that. With all my so called wisdom and experience low all these many years I have been making mistakes for God (my mess ups) all I really had to do was be where He wanted me to be, and walk with Him under His direction.
God dictates the pace we move in, not me. He isn't really interested in how anxious I am. I don't think God ever took a look at me and decided, "Boy! I really need to pick up the pace because Michael is serious about this getting it right." No, in His love he quietly pulls against me when I try to move ahead of Him. All the while gently whispering in my ear, "Slow down. What's your hurry." What an incredible gift. What incredible burden is lifted from me when I realize the truth that there is a pace to the Grace of God.
I read over and over again in Revelation that there are rewards to those who "OVERCOME". No where does it mention about rewards to those who win. Those who walk in the quietness and trust that God is who He said He is and He will do what He said He would do.
I don't know about you, but that is a comfort to me.
Let Him lead you today.
God on you....
mb

2 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

good word MB.....like a loving father...HE loves us so much.

Bobby said...

God's pace is not our pace...He's incredibly patient.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...