Monday, February 23, 2009

Thought From 4/ 18 / 08

Journal entry:
We make the same mistakes as the nation of Israel did in the Old Testament when we put the interests of our nation before the interests of the Kingdom of God.

God is only god over this nation as much as we will let him be.
We have relegated him to currency.
We have kept his name in order to curry favor when elections are held.
He is no more than an ideal.
The desires of our flesh, our sinful nature, drive us. We are not waking by faith but by lust.
God help our nation. God remember the revivals you birthed in this country and let them be resurrected in the people today.
Remember the men and women you have called over the years to leave everything to follow you. Raise up a new generation. I believe that we are not beyond your reach or your mercy, but we are desperately in need of being awakened and turned from our apathy and sin.
We have lost vision to see the truth that we exist only because yousay we can, O' Lord.
God help me to not loose sight of you today. Not just with my eyes but with my spirit. Let me follow you and hear you as you teach me.

mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...