Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Journal Entry: 3 / 26 /2006

Why do we fall under such views that purity doesn't matter? I don't believe we can work for purity or obtain it in any shape, form or fashion, as it is a work God must complete in us. All we can do is simply cooperate with what the Holy Spirit is doing.
I do see in Scripture where we are called to flee, move away from, cast off, and remove the things, ideas and behaviors that would tempt us and draw our flesh into a ruling place in our lives where we would surrender to it.

II Timothy 2:22 - shun youthful lusts. Flee from them. Aim at and pursue righteousness, pursue faith, pursue love, pursue peace within a community of believers
We must have a point or direction.
We are called to leave one and pursue the other. There must be purpose in our walk or else we will fall for the first flashy thing that comes along. That which either looks good or appears righteous.

Unless I am founded on the Word............
Living it and not just reading it...........
I will stand on a shaky foundation that will cause me to jump at the first sign of instability.
Jesus, you are the rock.

mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Purity matters! If we walk in purity it's by the grace of God. God's grace teaches us to say no to sin and all we can do in the process is cooperate.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...