Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jude Thoughts

Jude : 24-25
To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy----to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore Amen.

For what ever reason, this verse really hit home this morning.
Right from the start the idea or precept is that God is without equal. No one on this planet, under this planet or in the heavens above can stop God from carrying out his wishes or desires.
What wonderful words .....To Him who is able. No doubts or fears about the ability of God. These verses were written with complete confidence and trust in God. God is able!

Amid the voices that cry out for attention each day, one calls above them all.
The push and pull of the world upon my soul tries to draw me into thoughts and places I need not go. One voice above them all calls unto me. "God is able!"
Able to keep. That means what is his is his and nothing or no one can separate us from God. I need to remember this. I need to learn to let my heart hear above the drone and drown of this world. To listen for His voice.

God is able to keep me from falling.
The word "falling" is from the Greek word Aptaistos which means "without sin".
God can keep me from sin. The power was broken at the cross. The debt was paid at the cross. It is applied to me when I am saved.....Praise God! What a wonderful thought. I am free. Not on my own merit or worth or ability, but simply because God is able!

One day, I will be brought into the presence of Jesus. That is truly beyond my comprehension.
What will it look like?
What will it sound like?
Will it be sensory overload or will I even care?
To me (my opinion) it will be like coming home. There will be a "knowing" in me as I enter the presence of Jesus. A knowing that this is right and I belong here. A knowing that will rise above any and every thing else. I am in the presence of the one I gave my allegiance to along with my life. Face to face, I will see him as I have never seen him before.........
And I will worship!

God on you.....
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

After reading that....I feel God on me!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...