Monday, March 16, 2009

What A Weekend

Monday Morning:
6:43 a.m.
Here at home trying to recap what all went on this weekend. It was fulfilling and God was gracious at every turn.

FRIDAY:
We went to Celebrate Recovery in Centre.
Donnie George had taken the weekend off and asked me to come and speak.
Donnie and I have this agreement that I am his backup for any reason. He calls when someone cancels and can't speak on the night they are suppose to. He calls when he wants to take a weekend off. It is a good arrangement for him and for me. Centre's Celebrate Recovery is a place where God gives me great grace to go and "do the stuff" as John Wimber would say.
There seems to be a lot of freedom when I go up there. Freedom not only to me but to the worship team, to those who are part of the ministry team and to the people who come. Ministry always seems to run longer than usual and no one minds.
Friday night was about meeting the real Jesus. Not the one we create in our minds or one we make up, but the real Jesus we read about in Scripture.
It was a good night.

SATURDAY:
We had a first at Rapha.
A double wedding.
Two former clients and their fiances' got married in the chapel and I got to do the weddings.
It was really tender and special to see this take place.
I love that chapel and it is kind of like a Winnebago.
It becomes whatever you need it to be.
Pull this out and shove this under that and low and behold, you've got a wedding chapel.
Spin this around and fold this up and over that and bingo....you've got a Saturday night service.
that ol' chapel has seen a lot and I wish that the walls could tell stories of all that has happened there.

SUNDAY:
I got to counsel a couple who are struggling in marriage.
That is all part of the growth.
Learning how to have less of me in this relationship and more of God.
I think they are going to be alright. They were willing to seek God and do the things that we discussed.
Pray for them that they would keep their hearts tender toward each other and allow God to work in them as individuals and in their marriage.

I came home yesterday, full and content that God was at work in everything He had placed before us.
He is a God worthy to be worshipped.

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...