Thursday, March 19, 2009

Who Am I?

These past two weeks have been really good for me.
It began with Danny Daniels coming to be with us at our Saturday night meeting.
Talking with Danny and listening to his stories begin to stir something inside me.
Something that has lain dormant and quiet for sometime.
Hearing Danny talk of John Wimber and the trips they took together made the fire in me burn a little brighter and hotter.
Ministering to people in setting that weren't religious or "churchy" seemed to be the behavior we were kind of taught to operate in.
I was remembering who I was.
Bill Jackson writes in his book Quest For The Radical Middle, "you don't join a Vineyard Church, you simply discover that is what you were all along. How true a statement that was.

For me, Vineyard provided a place where I learned how to "do the stuff"as John would say.
How to minister.
How to pray for people.
How to hear God.
Most importantly, how to worship.
These things I am writing are not done in an effort to proclaim the Vineyard Model as being the only way or the better way to live your life. It is simply a model that spoke to me and provided me a place to grow in God.

I had breakfast with Jim Bentley, Senior Pastor at Gadsden Vineyard, yesterday.
As we sat and talked, I realized that we were ministering it two entirely different worlds, yet the call of God was very much present in each of our lives.
I listened to the struggles that he was going through. (Same as mind)
I listened as he spoke of the goodness of God no matter what was happening.
I heard a man who was very grateful that God had allowed him to occupy the place he was in.
I remembered who I was and what it was God had called me to.
I was at peace that Rapha was the land God was calling me to occupy.
To teach His Word.
Introduce people to Who He is.
Pray for those who were too tired and broken to pray for themselves.
And to love...
Without love, it's all useless and pointless.
Thank you God, for causing me to remember.
Thank you for Danny's stories.
Today, I am grateful.

God on you.........
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

We all learned a lot from Wimber. I thank God for you and Jim, and all the love and help I've got from Vineyard people over the years.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...