Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day Off


Yep! It's a day off kind of day.
I mowed the grass yesterday, so that was the major move of the week. When Vicki gets off at noon, we are going to work in the flower beds. Well, actually, she is going to work in the flower beds. I will be the "mule" hauling mulch, moving bags of dirt, etc.....
Last night's Bible study was kind of right on with where a lot of the guys are spiritually in their recovery. Sometimes the mind set is "Well, I've finished the 7 week in house part. I have a job. I am making some money. I am getting passes. I must have arrived. I am healed.
When in fact, they aren't. All of those things are important in bringing stability to your life and a sense of order, but you don't stop working your program. You don't quit following hard after Jesus. Studying his word (not reading but studying). Spending time in prayer. Sharing your story. These are the disciplines that keep us focused.
Verse Of The Day:
Luke 18:13
But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, "God, have mercy on me, a sinner."

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...