Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Non-Happenings


Friday: Not the last of the week for me, but a good day none the less.
Friday's are a time to prepare for the week end. Finish up the message for the Saturday night meeting. I don't have to prepare one this week as Seth Barber will come and speak tomorrow night.
I have to teach this morning. Van Lockridge usually comes on Friday mornings but can't make it today.
I think I'm to teach from Joshua Chapter one today. A really good chapter that can reflect what moving from addiction to sobriety is like. Of course behind any move has to be the presence and power of Jesus. The Father's Holy Spirit in us guiding and teaching as we move through the day.
The weeks seem to roll by quickly as do the years. Here we are entering into the month of May next week and it just seems like we finished Christmas not long ago. I guess this is the bane of growing older. I accept this and my prayer is that I don't waste what time God has given to me. This does not translate into a lot of useless action and movement but rather in a seeking of God and asking, "What do you want me to do, Lord?"
Verse of the day:
Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage. Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I thank God for you m.b. Your life has and will continue to advance the Kingdom of God more then you possibly know.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...