Monday, April 27, 2009

Howdy! Howdy!


Monday!
Seems as though it rolls around far too often, but that is life.
Mondays are a good day for me. Lot's to do.
I teach the morning classes here at Rapha. Three hour block instruction from the CONQUERING CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY workbook. I try to make the classes interactive and leave a lot of room for discussion. This afternoon, I have a one hour class Bible Study. This one I get to teach whatever God has laid on my heart. I think, if He lets me, I'll be teaching from Genesis Chapter 1. Believe it or not, the act of creation we read about in Genesis is a lot like a life that is moving from addiction to sobriety. I like how God measures days......and the evening and morning were the first day. We do it backwards...moving from light to dark. I think God measures this way to show us that His nature is always to move from spiritual darkness to spiritual light. Cool huh?
We have visitation this weekend and the camp will be jumping. There will be picnics everywhere as the folk's bring in food for their sons and fathers. Pizza, hamburgers, milk shakes will be in plentiful supply. You won't see much chicken since that is a main stay in the diet here at Rapha. I think the weather is going to cooperate and we should have a really good day for a visit.
Don't forget our service. Saturday nights at 7 p.m. here at Rapha.
Verse of the Day:
Hebrews 13:15
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that confess his name.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...