Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Red Letters

Matthew 26:34
"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered. "this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times."

Hard words.
Yet sometimes genuine love can be found in those hard words.
Someone speaks truth to you and it strikes a part of you that knows what has been spoken is truth. Sometimes we want to not believe what has been spoken. We want to talk a little louder or posture a certain way in order to convince others that what was spoken wasn't true. But we know different. We know it was and it uncovers a defect in character that sin has produced in us. Only the truth of God and the work of the Holy Spirit can bring change that is needed.

Peter went on to deny Christ, but aren't you glad the story didn't end there?
Aren't you glad that Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, stood in Acts Chapter 2 and gave the first message on the day of Pentecost? I am.
We are all a work in progress and would do well to learn and accept this fact.
As much as I hate having my heart uncovered, it really lets me know that God in fact loves me so much He isn't willing to let me get away with anything.
embrace the truth.
Let God's truth change you.

God on you.......

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...