Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Speaking Through The Natural

Since 1994, I have come to the belief that God moves in seasons.
By that, I mean that God seems to cause certain parts of His nature to be more evident than others.
During the 50's the emphasis was healing.
Great crusades move throughout our country as men preached the Word of God and followed it by demonstrating this truth. The men were not to be the center of attention but God. The men and women who carried this Word were merely conduits through which God flowed to bring healing to many.
During the 60's, the move was toward the Father heart of God. We learned that God had a softer side, if you will. I don't say this to make God out to be a wise old grandfather who gleefully doles out quarters to his grandchildren. We were made aware of the love of God.
During the 70's and 80's, we saw a change in the music of the church.
Some would say that the church embraced the secular side of music, I would disagree.
I simply believe that the body of Christ changed. By that, I mean that those who were being saved brought a new sound and a different style of worship. Even today in mainstream Southern Gospel, you can hear the tempo's and tenor of music from many different streams. The Words are the same, but the vehicle used to deliver has changed.
In the 90's we saw a world wide renewal break out. First in a small church in Toronto and then in a church in Pensacola, Florida. Each operating from a different model but producing the same result. The face of the church was changing world wide. What was once a stoic and somber Church of England became alive with purity and power of the Holy Spirit as people "brought back" what was going on in Toronto.

I write all of this to say that I truly believe we stand on the beginning of the next season.
There are stories I am receiving from here in our own town of healing.
A man I personally know and have prayed for on countless occasions was healed of cataracts last week. It happened through an interaction and sudden appointment with a group from Redding, California who came to Gadsden to minster. Other stories are filtering to me of others who were healed.
I truly believe we are receiving the "now" part of the future Kingdom of God. What do I mean by that? We see in Revelation the fullness of the Kingdom. No more death. No more sickness. No more tears. Today, in our time, we still see sickness and tears and death. But even in this, we see the splashing over of the goodness of God as he continues to interact in our time and space.

There are other pieces to this prophetic puzzle that I have been studying and praying about.
Hopefully in the near future,God will release me to share what I think is going on. As always, we hold loose the things God shows us, waiting the confirmation from Him.

God on you.......
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Im excited to hear what God is doing! I've heard Terry Virgo from the UK talk about an increase in healings....God is on the move!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...