Friday, April 10, 2009

Sticks and Stones

"The absence of profanity will offend no one."
Bill W. ~ Founder of A.A.

Ephesisans 4:29 ((Recovery Bible)
Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that you words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

Our words we choose and use say a lot about our character.
As the world around us continues to spiral downward into a moral black hole, we need to realize that God has granted to those who believe an incredible gift. That words we speak when directed by the Holy Spirit can bring healing.
Maybe I should be more careful about not only what I say, but how I say it.

Seems like everyone is talking but no one is really saying anything.
Personal opinion rules the airways and hearts of the people.
Yet, those who follow Jesus has words of truth that can set people free from the bondage of their sin.
Choose your words carefully.
Speak them in love.
Let God do his work .
Sound's like a plan

God on you...
mb

2 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

I hear ya!

I have to be so mindful of what I say. I've been in James a lot lately......

James 1: 19 - 21
But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God. Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls.

Greene Street Letters said...

I have really been trying to walk in slience and let my words be few.
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...