Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Day To Myself

Wow! No message to prepare (at least for today).
No Worship set to work up.
No setting up for a meeting tonight.
The guys are going to Covenant Christian Church tonight for a special night of food and worship.
Blessings on the meeting tonight.
But today....
I have a semi-day off.
I am going to study. Currently in Isaiah and loving it. Seeing and reading and understanding in a new way. That is cool...
I will be available to talk and counsel anyone who wanders down the hall and into my office.
So I'm looking forward to what lies ahead.

For whatever reason, I have been focused on Jesus' return. I'm not going to get into whether you believe in Pre-trib, Mid-trib or post-trib rapture....the fact matters that Jesus is coming back. I have tried to wrap my head around what it will look like, what it will feel like, and sound like. To no avail, even my best Hollywood special F/x can't seem to draw a picture. In my heart of hearts I know that He will return. There is a selfish part of me that wants it to happen while I am alive. I would love to see it. Like I said, that is pretty selfish on my part.
I have been watching and reading and listening to several different teachers and pastor/preachers and each one seems to speak confidently on what they believe concerning end times. I seem to be one who holds it all loosely, waiting and watching. Sometimes our confidence will cause us to look foolish. I have a book in my library that I purchased earlier this year titled JESUS' RETURN IN 1994. Needless to say, this teacher/author missed it. I do not know when, but I don't think His return will be much longer.

The Christianity I see today is very self centered and shallow.
We don't talk about sin.
We refuse to teach on hell.
We water down the gospel in order to get people to come to church.
We focus on the felt-needs of others through programs and events to get people to attend.
Instead of STANDING ON THE PROMISES, we seem to be SITTING ON THE PREMISES.
I do not lift myself to any standard or say, "Look at me...Be like me." No! I say walk in a manner worthy of the calling, that each who claim the name of Jesus will carry the calling out.
Be the body.
Do the works of Christ.
Be the body.

Verse of the Day:
Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation. I will trust and not be afraid; For Yah, the LORD, is my strength and song. He also has become my salvation.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...