Monday, May 18, 2009

God Is Good..

Remember the prayer we use to pray at meals when we were kids?
"God is great"
"God is good"
"Let us thank Him"
"For our food."

Well, guess what? God is good.
I listened to Scott Parker speak yesterday at Gadsden Vineyard Church.
He spoke on the goodness and greatness of God, using verses I had never tied together in this context.
Hebrews 3:9 -- Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, and saw my works for 40 years.
Hebrews 3;10-- They go astray in their heart. And they have not known My ways.
God took care of Israel the entire time they traveled in the wilderness.
He fed them.
He gave them water.
He even brought His presence to lead them by day and warm them by night as the Fire of God rested in the middle of the camp.
He took them on a route that would keep them safe from warring factions and countries that would have destroyed Israel.
He was good.
Yet they (Israel) did not see this goodness. Why?
Self-centered and self-focused. Led by their base desires. No trust in God. No faith in God. Even with all of this, God's goodness continue to fall upon them.

All this begs me to ask myself a question. How much of God's goodness do I miss because of my own pettiness and self-centered view? Ouch! Come on Mike! I have to go there. I have to know for myself so I can allow the Holy Spirit to change me. I don't want to wander for the rest of my life and not see the goodness of God. Would it be possible to go to church for 40 years and miss God's goodness? I think so. If it can happen in the wilderness, it can surely happen in a brick building or structure. How sad would that be.

Be grateful today and find the goodness of God in your own life.

God on you........
mb

VERSE OF THE DAY:
Titus 2:13-14
Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...