Sunday, May 24, 2009

Good Sabbath to you

President says in an interview, "we are out of money."
Swine flu sweeping the world as the number of infected increases.
States going bankrupt.
Banks failing.
Everything we have put our trust and future in is collapsing except for one.
The Lord God Almighty.
I'm not so sure how concerned He is with my standard of living as I have already had to address that issue back in 2006.
He is more interested in His Kingdom. Taking back His creation. Issuing the call for those who are weary and heavy laden to come to Him to receive rest, instruction and guidance to walk out their days here on planet earth.

Seems as though every one is focused on events and situations rather than God.
We want God.
But the God we want is a god who will straighten out this world mess so we can get on with our lives.
How selfish are we?
Jesus died for my 42 inch flat screen TV complete with Home entertainment system.
"Oh, I watch Christian TV and there's nothing like seeing all those televangelist in High Definition.
I think High Definition is when the Lord God on high, defines what truth is. As all these events unfold around me, I find out how petty I am and how much I am in need of a Savior.

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls-
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
The Lord God is my strength
He will make my feet like deer's feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

Do you see this?
Our salvation and care are not dependent on the world situation.
We continue to love and chase after God no matter what.
I pray that I do not fall prey to the message of the world and loose sight of what is important. I pray that my walk with God is not so shallow that at the first sign of trouble or danger, I run away to embrace the darkness of the world.
You may ask, "How can you say such things?" Because I know human nature and I definitely know myself.

So on this cloudy, dark, rainy Sunday morning, settle in with God and His word.
Let it permeate your very being with His truth.
Ask God to show you how he sees you.
Spend time with Him today.

God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...