Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hodge Podge

Making disciples.
Jesus commanded it.
God ordained it.
We do it.
Making disciples.
What is a disciple? A follower of Jesus. One who studies the Word of God. One who prays. One who believes with his life and not his head. When you believe with your life, your body follows where the Holy Spirit directs.
Disciples are not massed produced.
They are hand crafted.
Hand crafted by God's hand.

As much as I like to see someone saved and come to know Jesus, it is a greater thrill to me when you see that same person becoming a disciple.
That is my goal.
Make disciples.
I have one right now that is in the camp.
He is hungry for the Word of God.
Not one who is simply reading the words but is asking questions.
He comes every other day to my office and we spend time together as he asks questions. Marking in his bible answers and references to other scriptures.
He speaks of situations he has faced and how he applied what he was reading in Scripture to those situations. He is amazed that the Bible is a practical book for daily living in the Kingdom of God.

This man has progressively gotten stronger spiritually since coming to Rapha. This has made him more sure of who God truly is and has caused this man to trust God.
This man now has the capacity to chase God and hear God for himself.
Has he arrived?
Has any of us arrived?
No!
We never cease the chase.
We never loose our hunger for God and His Word.
Each day is another opportunity to learn more. To apply what we have learned as problems occur. Another day to be light and salt.
I know that I know this man who is a disciple will, in turn, make others as he has been made.
That is what the Kingdom is all about.

God on you.........

Verse of the Day:
II Timothy 2:2
And the things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, these entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...