Sunday, May 17, 2009

Like An Easy Sunday Morning

Already well into my 3rd cup of coffee.
I am suppose to play on the worship team at Gadsden Vineyard Church this morning.
Debbie Handy will lead and, as always, it will be my pleasure to worship with her and the others.

Last night's meeting at Rapha was a doozy.
Good crowd.
Visitors.
Babies.
Babies?
Yes. Donnie and Shannon Toole brought their new daughter to the meeting.
When ministry began, I wanted to pray for their daughter so they brought her up front.
I gathered some people around and we prayed over her asking God to keep her and lead her into a more complete relationship.
I asked Shannon what her name was.
"FAITH"......was the reply.
Faith! Fill her with her namesake Lord.

We got to pray for a young man.
Big, muscular....rough.
He has had a hard life.
In and out of jail. Spent time in the state prison.
He wants to change, but carries around a lot of emotional baggage from his past that he isn't sure he can change.
As he stood there, I only heard three words.
They weren't even unique words, or mystical words. Just three.
I told him that God wanted to relay a message, and that it was just three words.
"I.........Love..........You."
When I spoke those words, this young man began to cry and sob.
I saw him go limp as though the very life had been sucked out.
Three little words that went to the very heart of who this young man was.
How quick we are to dismiss the power of love especially when it comes from God.
Not any more. I will not dismiss or discount the power of God's love.

It was a good night.
We (the leadership) all wound up at Cracker Barrel afterwards to talk and laugh and go back over the evening in a kind of critique to see if we need to do anything different.
I look forward to the meal afterwards.
I have been blessed to be surrounded by a group of wonderful, godly people.
So now, Saturday has come and gone.
We prepare for the next one.

God on you..........

VERSE OF THE DAY:
Psalm 65:4
How blessed is the one whom you have chosen, and brought near to yourself.
To dwell in your courts.
We will be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Your holy
temple.

2 comments:

Bobby said...

God is on you....man! Enjoyed breakfast,lets do it again.

Greene Street Letters said...

Same here...
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...