Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Journey

If you haven't noticed, I am a restless sort of guy.
My blogs keep changing.
My postings take on a different feel and subject at the drop of a hat.
I would be diagnosed as being O.C.D.
Truth be known.....I keep trying to get away from who it is God called me to be. Some how in all of this call, I think I could do it better or bigger or with more panache'. God keeps letting me try and I keep falling on my face only to return back home with a huge "I'm sorry, Lord....can I just be who you called me to be?"

I began writing and sending out different tid-bits and thoughts 15 years ago (has it really been that long?). It began with our first home group. Since Vicki and I were hosting a meeting every other Saturday night, some of the people needed a reminder as to which week the meeting was on. I begin to mail out reminders to them. Over the course of time, the bi-weekly reminders turned into articles about what God was doing with us and with the people of our group. It became known as the Greene Street Letters. It grew in number and scope as God grew us. Eventually we were mailing out 100 hard copies and over 400 Email copies every other week.

The Greene Street Letters came from the simple fact that I lived on Greene Street. A kind of typical American Suburban neighborhood where nothing ever seemed to happen. I knew better as God was showing Vicki and I new things every day. The LETTERS was just a vehicle to get the word out.

Over the years the Greene Street Letters has changed to:
Notes From The Outer Banks
Blues Notes
The Edge
Journey Place
In 2006 upon moving to Rapha on a full time basis, I began to blog and post on line under the title of CHURCH@RAPHA. I even tried NEW COMPASSIONS for while but nothing ever seemed to fit.
15 years later, I am back where I started.
This blog will forever be known as THE GREENE STREET LETTERS.
It will continue to simply be updates from what is going on around us here in Attalla, Alabama.
If you read this blog, please pass it on to others.
Feel free to use anything I post here.
Feel free to post comments, or simply drop by and peruse the writings and draw from it what you need for the day.

God on you........

VERSE OF THE DAY:
II Corinthians 5:9
Therefore also we have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

You're a gifted writer with a message that needs to be heard.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...