Tuesday, May 5, 2009

No Longer...



God is merciful in his dealing with me. Me? I want to follow hard after him.
I want to stand and be counted among the body of Christ. I find myself dealing with those inner demons of self. There are days when they don't surface at all and life is good. There are days when doubt and fear and insecurity rise up as a beast to consume me. On these days,I fall to my knees in prayer asking for God's grace to help me move on. I know that I know that I know that God's grace is sufficient. That means there is nothing else needed. No outside source can produce anything worthy or of use to me. Just the Grace of God! It is here in this battle of humanity and divinity that one can gain understanding of the awesomeness and greatness of God. For He contains all power and authority and could wield it at any moment, but chooses to hold back because of his love for his creation.
I need to learn to rest in God.
To not expend so much energy trying to analyze who I am in light of God's word. That is the work of the Holy Spirit. He convicts me of sin in my life, and at the same time leads me to repentance where I can be made whole. It is this cycle that runs over and over and over in the life of a believer. As you draw closer and closer to God you are uncovered by the majesty and purity of God. You see yourself in the light of all that is holy and pure. How could we not be undone by this? Yet in this undoing of our very soul, God reaches out and forgives, fills and restores us. Praise God!
It is this word that God is doing all over this world. You will not read about it in the newspapers. You won't hear the major networks reporting it, but rest in the knowledge that God has a remnant of believers. God is not daunted by numbers of the enemy or the amount of wealth he possesses. God with the breath of his nostrils can dry up the seas and scatter mankind.
Psalm 2 reads:
Why are the nations in an uproar, and the peoples devising a vain thing? The Kings of the earth take their stand, and the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and against His anointed; Let us tear their fetters apart, and cast away their cords from us!
He who sits in the heavens laughs, the Lord scoffs at them. Then He will speak to them in His anger and terrify them in His fury.
Find your life in Him today.
Commit yourself to follow hard after Him.
Rest in Him today!
mb

4 comments:

Bobby said...

You're on to something! I allways take great comfort in Ps. 2.

Greene Street Letters said...

Bobby...
It is more than something. God spoke to me and said, "Take the next Step." Move up...with God.
Reach out farther and believe more.
Be hungry. Don't get comfortable.
Increase your prayers. Worship with every fiber of your being.And the last thing I heard Him say....
Don't look back.
mb

David Finlayson said...

When God says don't look back - don't. Don't forget Lot's wife Saltine.

Greene Street Letters said...

I guess he called her "SODA" as a nick name.
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...