Thursday, May 7, 2009

Revelation Now


I have been studying.....wait for it........her it comes.......in the book of Revelation. NOOOO!!!! Not Revelation!!! Yes.
I found a book by a man named Clarence Larkin that was written in 1919. I first was made aware of Clarence Larkin while I attended Central United Methodist. He had written a book called Dispensational Truth, and I was drawn to it to study and read it.

Yesterday, while visiting my local Christian Bookstore, I ran across a copy of REVELATION by Mr. Larkin and decided to purchase it. The very first thing I encountered was something that I don't think I ever read in any other commentary on this particular book.
Revelation 1:3-- Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near. Notice....it says you are blessed when you read this book. No where does it say you have to understand it. It is a book filled with imagery and symbolism and in-your-face-truth. If you begin a study on Revelation you will find a gazillion commentaries with a gazillion different ways of looking at the book. Mr. Larkin said we are simply blessed when we read it. We are blessed when we "keep those things which are written in it." What things? Salvation.......our inheritance..........over and over and over Jesus says, "To him who overcomes." The blessing comes from pressing on in Christ. Not giving up. (and as a side note...you can't press on when you're sitting down doing nothing)
No matter what your slant is on scripture, it is hard to refute that we are living out God's plan today. Each day that passes pulls us closer to the events in Revelation. Some of which are currently being played out around the world. All the talk of moving to a one world government and a one currency financial system are all precursors to events we see in Revelation. We are in the most incredible times and seasons as we will see God in a way that we have never seen Him before.
In John16:33 we read:
These things I have spoken to you that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
Praise God!
The only peace that will be available will be in Christ. Turmoil and stress will be the order of the day. But those who follow Jesus will be in peace.

Maranatha LORD Jesus!
mb

Verse Of The Day:
John 16:31
Jesus answered them, "Do you now believe?"

1 comment:

Bobby said...

The main focus of the book is Jesus. It's a revelation of Jesus Christ. I haven't heard Larkin's name in years.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...