Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Seekers - I'll never find another you (1968)

Sometimes you can find God in the strangest places. Not because He's hiding but because we never thought to look for Him there.
This song by the Seekers was a song we use to play back in 1969 when I was with Campus Crusade for Christ. There wasn't any such thing as contemporary Christian music and that might have been a good thing. Someone brought me the "45" record (remember those?) and it struck me that this song was like it was pulled from the book of Songs of Solomon. This incredible love that between two people. Of course the symbolism is that the young girl represents believers or the body of Christ. The young man would be a symbol for Jesus.
Anyway, I can remember playing this song....the room full of young people singing, some with their eyes closed...some with hands raised. Now some 40 years later, I understand the truth in saying, "There will never be another you, Lord!"

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...